Search this Web Site
- Coffee Beetle Withstands Extremely Toxic Concentrations of Caffeine
- Caffeine-Based Gold Compounds May Fight Cancer
- Wake the Dead with Caffeine!
- Judge Converses with Horse
- Memories, Memories — Good News about Caffeine!
- Forbes Blasts FDA for Unconstitutional “Regulation by Intimidation”
- The DSM-5: American Psychiatric Association Goes Berserk over Caffeine!
- Caffeine Gives Cells Boost Needed to Create New Tissues
- Caffeine Boosts Driver Safety
- Caffeine Buzz: Bringing Back the Bees!
- Caffeine Increases Recognition of Positive Words
- Caffeinated Gum: Developed by USA as “First Strike Rations” for our Troops and Issued to Israeli Soldiers
- ABC News Plays False with Caffeine
- Everything Old Is New Again: Caffeine as a Potent Pain-Killer
- Caffeine Helps Weight Loss — Coffee Doesn’t!
- Mega Doses of Caffeine: Why People Like Starbucks Burned, Bitter Brew
- Caffeine Quotation to Enjoy and Ponder
- Holiday Cheer: The FDA Agrees — No Worries over Caffeine in “Energy Drinks”!
- Caffeine Image to Enjoy and Ponder
- The Caffeine Cure: Study Confirms Caffeine Cuts Oral Cancer Mortality in Half!
Top Posts & Pages
Caffeine News Categories
World of Caffeine Pages
Caffeine Items for Fun, Performance, Health, and Beauty!
SEND AN E-MAIL TO THE WORLD OF CAFFEINE!
Comments or questions are welcome.
- July 2015
- March 2014
- February 2014
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
Bonnie K. Bealer & Bennett Alan Weinberg
Category Archives: Gonzomania – Miscellany from the Word of Caffeine
The coffee berry borer is the most destructive coffee pest in the world. This coffee beetle, found in most regions where coffee is cultivated, can reduce a crop yield by 80 percent. This insect is the only coffee pest that … Continue reading
An Englishman was recently was found dead in his West Midlands flat, and, at his inquest, the Black Country Coroner, Mr. Robin Balmain, blamed his death on a “massive overdose of caffeine.” In fact, the man had consumed a bag of … Continue reading
In the new fifth edition of the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5), “caffeine intoxication” and “caffeine withdrawal” have been lumped in with heroin and alcohol addiction in the APA’s official list of mental disorders. As a result … Continue reading
A study has shown that the caffeine-laced nectar of some plants improves the learning process for bees by enhancing their memory. As a result, the bees are more likely to keep returning to pollinate the flowers providing caffeine. In effect, … Continue reading
Most people are unaware that caffeine evolved to help protect plants that produce it from microbes and insects. For this reason, caffeine serves as a powerful insecticide when mixed with the soil in which plants are growing. So, if you … Continue reading